Newcastle City Hall is located at 290 King Street, Newcastle NSW, Australia. It is only a short walk to the harbour foreshore (Honeysuckle), restaurants, cafes, (Darby St) and accommodation.
Getting to Newcastle
By Road: Newcastle NSW is accessible from these major Highways: M1, Pacific Highway, New England Highway and the Golden Highway. Newcastle is just 2 hours north of Sydney via F3/M1 freeway/motorway.
By Air: Newcastle Airport (Williamtown) is located 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Many direct flights are available on a daily basis from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The Infromation Service desk located in Arrivals can help with airport transfers: Phone (02) 4928 9822
By Rail: Newcastle is part of the New South Wales City Rail network. There are frequent return services daily from Sydney. For timetables and fares visit the Cityrail website or call 131 500. CountryLink trains and coach network connect Newcastle to Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and other NSW regional areas. For timetables and fares visit the Countrylink website or call 13 22 32.
By Train and Tram: All trains terminate at Newcastle Interchange, a 10-minute walk from the festival. The free 110 bus departs from the interchange and drops off outside City Hall. The Newcastle Tram will take you directly from the Newcastle Train interchange to Civic Theatre (right in front of City Hall). There is only one tram and it leaves about every 20 mins. You can't get lost! Just get off the second stop, Civic and walk toward the big honeycomb building!
By Bus: Newcastle Buses have bus stops on Hunter Street and King Street located very close to City Hall. A Fare Free Zone is available for buses operating in the inner city daily from 7.30am until 6.00pm.
By Taxi/Uber: Newcastle Taxis (131 008) or Newcastle Hire Cars (02 4960 1800). Uber is also in operation in Newcastle.
By Cyling: Bike racks can be found in Burwood Street and Laman Street for those who choose to cycle to the
There are a number of parking options surrounding Newcastle City Hall. The most convenient being:
- Civic West Parking Station located at Gibson Street and a 5 minute walk away. Open 24 hrs 7 days/wk
- There are a number of Wilson Parking Stations located throughout the city
- Civic Car Park, located behind City Library with entry via Darby St is a 5 minute walk to City Hall.
- On street parking and metered parking surrounding Newcastle City Hall includes King Street, Auckland Street and Hunter Street. Find parking using Parkopedia.
Food and Drink
- A light cafe will be available inside the venue (Newcastle City Hall) between 10am -2pm (Sat and Sun)
- There will be bar facilities for beer, wine & soft drink inside the venue (Newcastle City Hall)
- A great selection of restaurants, bars and cafes are found in the surrounding area along Hunter Street and Darby Street.
- See our App for some local places that have Newkulele Specials available over the weekend.
There are many accommodation options within a 10 minute radius of Newcastle City Hall! Explore accommodation options, download maps of the area and much more on the Visit Newcastle website.
The nearest camping ground to the Festival is at Stockton Beach Holiday Park, where a quick ferry ride across the harbour will bring you within walking distance of City Hall.